“Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” ~ Scott Adams
In June of 2013 we asked family and friends to perform random acts of kindness in recognition of Avery’s first birthday and angelversary. We received such a great response we want to keep it going.
We’ve created pink Random Acts of Kindness coins to pass out when completing the act of kindness. If you received a coin, please pass it on by making a stranger’s day by doing a random act of kindness. Some samples are below:
• Pay for the meal of the person behind you in a drive through.
• Leave a gift card with a cashier at a store and ask the cashier to give it to the next person, the next mom, the next child, etc.
• Leave lottery tickets or scratch off tickets on a stranger’s car windshield or at the gas pump.
• Leave money attached to the vending machine at work.
• Take treats to your local fire station (for local families, station 24 on SR 405 responded to our call and they were wonderful).
• Donate diapers, wipes, formula to a local women’s shelter.
• Leave a gift/treat for the postman or any other person who serves you.
• Take flowers to a retirement/rehab facility.
Did you receive a pink coin? Please let us know where and when you received your coin. We want to keep a list of where Avery’s Light is shining, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope the kindness shared to you by a stranger made your day. Please pass if on!
Want to take part but don't have any pink coins? We can send you some, email us at email@example.com.
Help us keep Avery’s Light shining.
“Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into flame by another human being. Each of us owes deepest thanks to those who have rekindled this light.” ~Albert Schweitzer